To start, what is autoimmune disease?
- In the simplest answer, it is the body attacking itself, no longer able to identify what is an invader and what is not.
- There are between 80 and 100 identified autoimmune conditions and they range from mild to severe symptoms.
- Common ones include: Type 1 diabetes, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriasis
So where does nutrition fit into this?
- Unfortunately, there is not a cure for any autoimmune conditions as of yet.
- However, what we eat massively affects how we feel, both in positive and negative ways.
- I want to work with you on modifying diet to help reduce pain and increase energy.
- In no way do I replace your medical professional as you navigate through your unique journey. Instead, my goal is to help you modify your diet as another means for pain relief.